I chose my mom, Donna Lee Foucault, for my inspiration for this challenge. It was an easy choice since she is the reason I started crafting and designing in the first place and her encouragement has kept me at it all these years.
My mom is a very special women. Not only is she a great mother and friend, she is an excellent artist and talented craftswoman. I tried to incorporate special things about her into this piece:
- She is a miniature doll and accessories artist - hence the miniature sewing machine. I also used miniature dollhouse wallpaper behind the birds and lace.
- She loves to craft and create - again the sewing machine
- I always remember her having bird feeders in our yard and gardening - the birds and wire wrapped floral sprig
- She loves antique lace - the black lace behind the birds I bought at a Paris flea market
- She loves to travel - behind the black lace is a cutout that says "Souvenirs and Postcards"
- She loves the Old West and the Victorian era - hence the old gears and slight nod to Victorian period with the design
I had more fun making this piece of jewelry then any that have come before it. I think that is because I knew it was going to my best friend, my mom.
I love you Mom!
Thank you for taking the time to read this along the hop. Please now check out all the other wonderful artists participating!
FULL LIST CAN BE FOUND HERE